Huntsman (Later known as Big Monkey) was a Heavyweight robot built by Hellfire Labs that competed in RoboGames 2012, and 2013. It was a black and purple, two-wheeled robot armed with an electrically powered axe. Huntsman suffered from mobility issues all throughout the tournament, and as a result did not do very well, winning only one fight, and losing two. Following the event the robot was sold to Team Death by Monkeys for $400 USD, and it would compete the following year as Big Monkey, where it did even worse, losing both of its fights.
RoboGames History Edit
RoboGames 2012 Edit
Fight 1 - The Wasp - Although Huntsman performed well during testing and weapon safety checks, it immediately lost a weapon chain from one of its 2 weapon motors at the beginning of the fight. It however won the fight when The Wasp suffered an electrical failure.
Fight 2 - Last Rites - Huntsman's tactic was to hide in the corner with the poorest visibility from Ray Billings driver's position and attack Last Rites after its first attack. This failed when the first hit from Last Rites shattered the magnets on all 4 of Huntsman's golf cart motors, disabling the robot.
It took 8 hours to glue the magnets and brushes back into the motors.
Fight 3 - Kick Me - The repairs to the motors were unsuccessful. The fight begun with limited movement, with the drive motors eventually failing.
RoboGames 2013 Edit
Combat Record Edit
- Wins: 1
- Losses: 4
|The Wasp||Last Rites|
- Despite its 1-4 record Huntsman was until recently most successful Heavyweight class combat robot to come out of Australia, as the only other three Australian Heavyweights Terror Australis, Bondi Titch (Both Robot Wars), and, Deathroll (BattleBots) failed to win any fights at all.
- However in 2017 it lost that title when fellow Australian robot Great White reached the Quarter-Finals of the Chinese competition King of Bots. As of this writing Great White is currenly 4-1.
- The original asking price for Huntsman was 500$. However Team Death by Monkeys could only get 400$ out of the ATM, and Hellfire Labs settled with that price.
- Huntsman was pretty much a scaled up version of the teams Featherweight axe bot Avenger.
- The tactics used Huntsman against Last Rites where almost identical to the tactics used by Bronco against Tombstone in the first series of Battlebots. The results of both fights were also the same.